Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Happy Holidays?

My dad is such a cynic.  Most nice things someone does- he looks at with a weary eye.  Total skeptic.  Which is probably why it's in my nature to follow suit.  I struggle against that impulse.  In particular, when I read this post about an Islamic Center sending a holiday card to a local Christian Orthodox church.  Why would they do that?  He would look at the below and think it was some sort of scam.

Maybe these folks sent it for the same reason that I send "holiday" cards, although I celebrate Christmas.  Maybe its because I truly don't want to offend my Jewish, Muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Agnostic and Atheist friends.  They all know I'm Christian, but I would never impose my beliefs on them.  Never.  Maybe it's because our Islamic neighbors were trying to be kind.  That's what I'm banking on.

Merry Christmas.  Happy (belated) Hanukkah. Happy Holidays.