Saturday, March 2, 2013

Marriage Takes Work

I'm not even married yet, but the best advice I've received  and witnessed from couples around me, is that it TAKES WORK.  It isn't easy, but it can be awesome.  It can be fun.  It can be worth it.  But bringing together two different people's lives and expecting them to match up perfectly immediately is just plain old....tomfoolery.

This article which discusses a speech made at the Oscars by Ben Affleck really drives the point home.  Ben says it's work too, and appreciates the effort his wife bu
I want to thank my wife who I don’t normally associate with Iran, but I want to thank you for working on marriage for ten Christmases. It’s good, it is work, but it’s the best kind of work, and there’s no one I’d rather work with.- Ben Affleck, Best Picture