Monday, August 5, 2013

Life is Beautiful

This morning I was out on the deck watching our boys (aka, our dogs) play in the yard.  Even though it's the middle of the summer there wasn't any humidity.  It was bright and clear.  I could hear the leaves rustling a little bit with the slight breeze.

I was already considering how beautiful the day was looking, and instantaneously, a little hummingbird flew into my line of sight.  It buzzed right over the flower box, and hovered.  Hummingbird fluttered around and moved closer to me and just stared back at me for a few seconds.  And then, he sprinted off like wild fire.
I was tickled pink.  That bird just made my day.  I'm glad I took a few moments out of my day to take a look at what is all around.

All I could think to myself as I smiled, "life is beautiful!"

It is.  It really is.