Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pretending to be perfect

I read this article and was inspired by it's honesty.  This delightful blogger gives people a heads up that she can't be friends with them if they expect her to be perfect with a perfect house, or perfect kids. 


Let's be honest, that isn't obtainable. Especially if you have young kids, and you don't have professional help assisting you.


"It’s just way too stressful, and trying to keep my home perfectly neat in this stage in life is impossible and overwhelming. I used to be more put together, believe it or not, I am naturally organized ( and a little OCD) . But then my kids became mobile, they gained up on me, and my life and time were no longer my own."-Dugans Incahoots
 
Stop putting pressure on ourselves, or our friends to overwhelm ourselves.  Raising perfect little people will be hard enough.