Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sibling Rivalry

My mom raised my sisters and I to be loyal to one another.  She taught us to protect each other, and more specifically, she instilled in my sisters the value of protecting their baby sister (me) when they could.  They did.

Now, we are pretty much on the same playing field.  A difference of 3 or 6 years in age doesn't carry the same weight as when you are in elementary school.  Nonetheless, I still look back at a few poignant memories I have of my big sisters standing up for me or protecting me somehow.  

When I saw this video of the Team Long Brothers, I thought about my big sisters.  They would have done this for me.  Any. Day. Of. The. Week.  We could all learn a lot by emulating the love and strength Conner and Cayden Long give to one another.