Saturday, October 1, 2011

Do your part

I don't understand why people don't recycle.  It' s easy and it makes sense.

When I went to Europe in 2006 one of the first things I noticed was how environmentally sensitive everyone was over there.  Recycle bins were everywhere.  There were motion sensors on the common area lights so they would turn off when not in use (to save energy and costs). Check out this blurb about the "greenest building on earth" These things simply make sense.

Taking care of the world we live in shouldn't be construed as some political issue.  This planet is our home and its our job to take care of it, and that includes not littering, keeping in mind that there is only so much clean water, and far too much waste being produced.

In the next year, I hope to start composting.  My mom will this think that it's crazy.  But I think it will be super cool.  So will Duke- he will probably try to roll around in the compost.