Wednesday, October 26, 2011

full of joy

This morning I stopped by my sister's house on the way to work.  I had to drop something off real quick.  But as soon as I stepped foot in her house, the same thing happened which always happens when I stop by:  I get pulled in.  Big sister has three adorable little kids, so her house is full of activity.

This morning, the youngest baby M (she's 13 months) was around.  As soon as she saw me she smiled and reached for me shyly.  She was playing with my phone and walking around the room.  When she came back around the corner toward us she was already smiling, ear to ear.  Why she was already smiling, I have no idea.  Maybe she was getting ready because she knew we'd be waiting for her.  The best part was her smile was so big, so joyous, so sincere and loving, every single muscle in her face was working to create a dazzling smile with huge dimples jumping out at me. It couldn't have gotten any bigger.

Boy did I feel special.  One amazing smile, just for me.  (note: this smile is just her regular, hello! smile)