Saturday, January 15, 2011

Adversity

"Marathons:  You triumph over the adversity, and then you know you can accomplish anything"

I heard the above quote in a documentary I watched a few weeks ago about marathon runners.  I've struggled in my life. I've faced my own adversity.  I've overcome those emotional hurdles.

And when I saw these folks, some of them regular folks like me push themselves to accomplish this feat, I was so jealous.  I want that.  I want to be able to say, I was able to overcome a physical feat. To be able to push myself beyond what I believe is even remotely comfortable, would be a miracle.

But it's on my life list, so it's going to happen sooner or later. It would probably be best to start tackling the hard stuff in my 30's instead of when I'm in my 60's and don't have as much strength and energy.  I hope I feel the push soon.