Sunday, September 30, 2012

Customer Service Rant

I had an issue with a customer service representative today.  I got frustrated. I've been trying to resolve this issue for at least six months at this point.  They asked me to send (via fax, email and snail mail) the same information at least Eight times. Eight!   I was pissed.    

Today, I finally told the representative that I no longer needed their help, as I was giving up on what I was trying to accomplish.  I had attempted to resolve this issue for so long, that it was actually no longer relevant.  They took too darn long.  I then proceeded to tell this representative what I thought of this company which is "too big to fail", what was wrong with not only this company, companies like them, but also with the process, as well as legislation written to combat against companies like this.   I explained to the representative that I wasn't mad at him, but at the situation.  And his industry.  I let it out.  

Did I accomplish anything?  No.  Do I feel better?  Not really.   And while I knew that would be the case, I did it anyway.  

Customer service people get me on the wrong side of the phone at least twice a year.  Another thing to work on.