Monday, September 17, 2012

Leaving my home sweet home

I've lived in this area for most of my life with a few exceptions - the first few years of my life and when I went off to college.  It's comfortable. My friends and family are here.  My job is here.  It has everything.  It's home.

I have chosen to leave this place to move to N's home town. This was a huge decision.  In the beginning I remember thinking, "OH. Hell. No! He is definitely moving up here.  There is no way I'm leaving this glorious city for that second rate city."  It's funny how time changes things.

I know my friends want me to be happy.  But I also know they are forcing themselves to excitedly exclaim their support for my huge life decision.  That's what I would be doing.  I'd be thinking, "NO!  Don't you dare leave me!  It's not fair!  You are stupid!  Don't ever leave me!"  So, I don't judge.

All of this is so new.  It is scary. But it's also exciting to consider the prospect of experiencing something new.  I'm fairly certain I never would have gotten the gumption to move if it wasn't for falling in love.  And I always wanted to move somewhere new.

Plus, it's not too far away.  I vow to always make time for road trips.