Sunday, September 9, 2012

Friends for Life

I have a best friend. In fact, I'm lucky enough to have a few.  I would be heart broken if one of them came down with a serious illness.  When I saw this article about Kellie Pickler's friend getting cancer I immediately thought about my own girls.  What would I do in that situation?  I'd probably do the same damn thing- in a heart beat.  What am I speaking about?  To honor her best friend,  Kellie Pickler shaved her head to match her bestie who is going through chemotherapy.

Quite a few years ago I thought my oldest friend had cancer.  I was devastated.  I jumped to the wrong conclusion immediately and the drama ran off with me.  I heard a conversation wrong because I was so worried and I couldn't help but think about the worst case scenario.  I remember calling my mom immediately sobbing as I was driving on the highway.  I still remember exactly what I was wearing and exactly where I was on the road when I called my mom sobbing.  She didn't have cancer.  THANK GOD.  I wouldn't even know what to do with myself if she did.

I'd probably shave my head.