Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Politics and Hate

I fancy myself an Independent politically.  Why?  Because I don't agree with either party about much.  I don't care if that means my vote is "wasted" if I vote for an Independent candidate.  I don't care if that means I flip flop between the two major parties.  What matters to me is that I evaluate each candidate equally and fairly, no matter what.

I don't get how you can be pro-abortion, but anti-death penalty.  They both, in my opinion, eliminate lives.  That doesn't mean I'm pro-life necessarily, and it doesn't mean I'm against the death-penalty either   My point is that these political positions don't leave a lot of room for rationality.

I just read this article about Christians and Politics.  I kinda loved it because so many people comment about the election and how "evil" and "wrong" a certain candidate is.  You could really say that about anything or anyone if you wanted to.

I don't think there is a lot of room for judgement from religious folks when it comes to politics.  If we followed our faiths, we'd steer away from politics as much as possible.

Then again, what do I know?