Thursday, September 20, 2012

Know it all

I think I'm a know it all.  In fact, I know I'm a know it all.  It's something I have worked on over the years.  In a group setting if a teacher asked a question and I knew the answer, I would want to scream out the answer immediately!  I wanted everyone to think I was smart, and I wanted the accomplishment of winning in any way possible.

Sometimes N and I will be talking about nothing special and he'll say something I know is incorrect.  I'll immediately want to tell him he's wrong, prove it and then tell him, "See, see!  Told you so!!" I realize that it's best not to rub being wrong in someone's face.  It's just that being right feels so good!

It's better to admit this short coming so I can work on it a little bit more.  After all, there is always more work to be done.