Saturday, January 15, 2011

Being Grateful

My grandmother is old.  She has lived a long beautiful life.  Almost 92 years.  If she was able, she would still be bossing people around left and right, telling them the best way to do...anything and everything.  But she's feeble now.  The Dementia has set in, and she can't get her words out as quickly as she'd like so she doesn't talk as much as she used to.
But, I'm grateful for every single moment I have left with her.  I try to savor every funny thing that pops out.  But I'm often just left with a deep sense of joy.  I'm so blessed to still have her. 
Oprah, along with so many other folks out there have said that if you keep track of what you are grateful for, at least a few things a day, that it will make a difference.  I'll keep challenging myself to appreciate what I have.  
What are you grateful for?