Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I think you are awesome because.....

"Bible says, "Don’t let one unwholesome thing come out of your mouth, but that which is helpful in bringing others up.” Ephesians 4:29. Friends, let me ask you today, have you ever taken inventory of the words that you speak during the day? Our words have so much meaning, they impact peoples lives. And all too often, throughout our day, if we were take inventory of what we say, who we speak about, sometimes our words can be unwholesome and unhealthy for someone's soul. 
For example, maybe you have an opportunity to gossip about someone at work, draw attention to someone's weakness or disability, judge someone at the grocery store, argue with a family member and say something you wish you didn't. We all have opportunities to say words that can be unwholesome. But my challenge to you on this Wednesday is to think before you speak. Make sure that the words that come out of your mouth today and everyday encourage, inspire and lift up others. I have found that one thing that people never get tired of hearing is a compliment, an encouraging word. Mark Twain said, "I could live one full year with one full compliment." Friends, go out today going on the offensive and encourage and inspire people. Never underestimate the power of your one word in someone's life. They will leave an imprint in someone's soul that can last forever. Have a blessed Wednesday. Fr. Nicholas Louh" 

I read the above this morning as a bit of inspiration   And immediately I thought- YES!  I would rather a compliment over a material present any day.  I suppose it could be fairly egotistical to want to hear nice stuff about myself.  But, sometimes you just don't know what people are thinking.  You may not know that people think you are awesome for a certain reason..  

Have you told someone why you think they are awesome   I'm not even talking about your best friend or your partner. I'm talking about a colleague.  Your parent. Your sibling.  Try it.  It matters!