Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The ties that bind us

My big sister is pretty much the opposite of me.  My middle sister is the opposite of her in the opposite direction from me.  We're all very different is my point.  Then again, people who meet one of us, and later another, find similarities between us.  I shouldn't be shocked, but they are there.

One thing that we have in common is that we are good people. We have good intentions.

Back to big sister.  She's not perfect (another commonality with me), but she's also amazing.

Last week she told me that she went to the shoe store.  The manager came up to her and asked if she remembered him.  She didn't.  The manager was a fairly young man in his 20's.  He notified her that he was the little boy that she used to take to school over ten years ago.  She was a property manager back then, and the mother was a tenant who was unable/unwilling to take him.  So my sister did.  Very often.

This man thanked my sister.    She made an impact on someone she forgot about.  But he never forgot.

Awesome.