Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Terror at the Race

I was so focused on my busy day, I missed the news this afternoon.  Two bombs went off at the finish line of the Boston Marathon.  I thought it was a joke at first.  It wasn't.

I was born in the Boston area.  My mother and grandparents are from there.  I have family there.  My mom went to UMASS.  I have friends that live there.  My facebook was littered with updates from people that were at the race, or running in it.  They all seem to be OK.

I'm shocked and feel pain for Bostonian's tragedy   I just don't get it.  Why there, at that location, at this time? At the end of a race, which was dedicated to the memory of those poor children who were murdered in Newtown CN.  

People train forever and a day for the Marathon.  Running this race is many people's life long goal, and the perpetrator ruined their joy.

The silver lining is the hope I feel from those heroes that helped those in need without a moment's thought of their own safety.  There are good people out there.  And they outnumber the bad.  We always will.

I pray for Boston.  I pray for the victims.  I pray for the runners.  I pray for the deceased, May their Memory be ETERNAL.