Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Big News which leaves me bursting with joy

Have you ever had something so big and so exciting going on, that you can't think about anything else?  I have.  I've had this secret I've wanted to shout out about from the rooftops.  But I had to wait.

We have a baby on the way!  It still feels too good to be true, still, and I've had a few months to get used to the idea.  As soon as I found out about the baby, I was shocked.  Although we had been trying, I didn't think our timing was right that month.  I was also sad. I know how hard it is for so many other people to make their baby dreams come true, so my ease in getting pregnant seemed unfair in comparison. 

I wish that good didn't also come with bad, but that is the reality of our world, I have learned.  I absolutely don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, so for now, I will say thank you to God.  Thank you for our very special blessing.