Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Strength from within

Most of the time I hate watching the news.  I only like to see the human interest stories.  In fact, love is more apt.  I love to watch the good things that can happen to people after they have experienced strife.  It gives me hope.

Reading this story about two brothers in Boston reminds me of how much I had growing up.  These boys not only survived amidst enormous challenges, they thrived.  I'm inspired by their courage and their fortitude.  I wish I could give them a fist pump and buy that one kid a north face jacket so he can fit in a little bit like the rest of the kids. 

It reminds me of what I read today about helping others.  " "Carry each others burdens, and in doing so, you fulfill the will of Christ in you." Gal. 6:2. Friends, let me ask you today, whose burdens are your carrying? Who are you encouraging and lifting up? Who are you helping to be all that God has created them to be? Friends, God wants us to lift the fallen, care for those in need. Who knows, you might be the only Bible someone might see today. Understand that when you go out each day not only focusing on where you want to be, but helping others get to where they need to be, remember me telling you that you are fulfilling the will of Christ in you."-Fr. Nicholas Louh