Saturday, January 4, 2014

Getting older, getting wiser

I love reading lists.  I especially love reading lists about life so that I can relate with other folks.  It feels good to not feel alone. 

I'm glad that I didn't know how much life had in store for me when I was younger.  It would have inhibited my ability to learn as much as I have. 

This writer reflected all the things she's able to do now at 40 that she wasn't able to do at 20.  I'm in the same boat as her.  I know so much more now.  I like myself better.  I appreciate myself more.  I'm more confidant. 

These are the ones I can relate with!

3. Tell the truth.
4. Have a healthy relationship.
5. Look past a person's flaws.
6. Look past my own flaws.
7. Stay home on New Years Eve.
8. Pay my bills.
9. Go out without makeup on.
10. Go to the gynecologist without being embarrassed.
11. Go to a therapist without feeling ashamed.
12. Speak to a group of strangers.
16. Be happy for other people, instead of jealous.
21. Stand up for myself.
22. Stand up for people I love.
23. Sit at a concert.
24. Take a cab home instead of insisting I'm OK to drive.
30. Drive the speed limit.  (still working on this one!)
31. Drop that toxic friend.
32. Avoid the drama.
33. Swear in front of my mom.
34. Swap the tanning lotion for eye cream.
35. Focus on the smart guy instead of the handsome guy.
36. Say "no" to stuff.
38. Stop trying to be perfect.
39. Let go of expectation.
40. Adjust to changes