Thursday, December 16, 2010

Hope

Yesterday, someone asked me if I felt hopeless.  I haven't been feeling my best and it was a valid question.  I rejected the notion immediately.  When faced with the question, I refused to let that word, that sentiment, be apart of my personal lexicon.


Hope is something that keeps me getting out of bed every day.  It allows me to treat people with kindness when I feel crappy about something else all together, and all I really want to do it be surly.  I strive to remain hopeful each and every day.  Some days I'm better at it than others, but you already knew that.


"The Count of Monte Cristo" is my favorite book, by far.  When I was in high school and read it for the first time I thought, "this is a great analogy for my life!".  I felt relieved that I wasn't alone.  If a fictional character experienced such turmoil, and came out on top, perhaps I could too.  I didn't even fully understand why I felt so dejected, I just knew it wasn't how it should be.  


Since then, I felt hope that there was something more out there, even though I didn't know what it was or what it would look like.  I'll leave you with this:
"All human wisdom is summed up in these two words, -- `Wait and hope.' - Count of Monte Cristo