Saturday, July 7, 2012

animal love

I love animals.  All kinds from fish to birds to dogs and pandas.  I love them so darn much, I can't help myself.  I even think they may have their own sort of souls.  I have no proof of this, but I can't help but think I may be right.  Especially when I think about the dogs in my life.  

My dogs know me. They know when I am happy and sad.  They know when I need love and attention.  No two dogs are the same.  They each have their own personalities.  

My dog Duke will check on every person in the house to be sure they are OK.  He'll sniff our foreheads right in the center.  That is his verification process.  Then he'll patrol the house to ensure there are no intruders trying to harm us.  Then he'll rest a bit.  Awhile later, he'll repeat the whole process.  If Duke checks on me and he notices that I am not doing well, he'll sniff a little closer and nudge me a bit and then lean in.  It's like he's hugging me.

Here are some examples of other animals showing their emotions