Thursday, July 26, 2012

Perfect Mate

"I know of no other way to perfection but love."
 St. Therese Of Lisieux

what I was looking for, and what I found, for the most part


I am the the type of person who aims toward perfection, but rarely achieves it.  The same is true with the love of my life.  


I planned for someone that I thought would be my person. I even kept a running list while I was looking for the right one.  The list was modified and grew over the years. 


People would tell me that I was being too picky and that I should modify my expectations or I'd never get married.  They were partially right.  The reality is N is everything I was looking for.  He's just not at 100% with every item on the list - then again, neither am I.   


That's the thing.  When I first met him, all I could think about was how it would never work out between us because of these very specific flaws.  Even though on paper, for the most part, he seemed perfect.  Overtime, I came to a place where all I could think about was how great he was, "warts and all" (that's a quote from Bridget Jones' Diary that I love).  He may not be perfect, but he's certainly perfect for me :)  Thank God I was wrong.