Sunday, July 1, 2012

Picky Eaters

I used to be a picky eater.  I admit it.  My best friends still tease me for being a picky eater.  For the most part, I don't consider myself as much of a picky eater any longer.

When I went to Korea on a mission trip, I didn't have the ability to choose what I eat for two weeks.  I had no option but to be open to what was offered and be happy about it.  The experience opened up my eyes.  Now, I'll at least try something once.  Plus, I've re-tried things I thought I hated again.  In some cases, they are at least tolerable, like certain fishes.  Lobster! Yum!

Seriously, why didn't my mom read this book when I was little?  I am totally going to pull a French mom on my kids.  Well, a Greek mom is probably more apt.  Then again, I was absolutely OK eating stuffed grape vine leaves as a kid, and all the kids in the lunch room thought I was crazy pants.