Saturday, July 21, 2012

Eulogy Writing

I remember reading "Tuesdays with Morrie" years ago.  From then on I couldn't help but wonder what people would say at my living memorial.  My ego gets the best of me, I admit it.  But who doesn't like to hear why people think you're awesome?  It's pretty good stuff, I think.

On the other hand, I also consider what I would say in a Eulogy.  I would tell people how much I loved them and why.  I would talk about my love of animals and desire to live life without regrets, no matter how big or small.  Other than that, its all "butta" as they say.  Nothing else that I've accomplished really matters to me at the end of the day.  My education and career achievements are there, but I don't think anyone really cares all that much about them.  I certainly don't want that to define how people remember me.  I hope they will remember me for being a good and loyal friend, someone that could always make them laugh and lend an ear.

Take a look at this guy who left a Eulogy that will forever go down as one of the funniest and heartfelt ones I've ever read.  At least he let people know who he really was- then again, maybe some of them didn't really want to know.