Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Big Mouth

Do you recall how yesterday I told you about poor Duke and his cancer scare?  

After his appointment I went over to my sister's house to drop something off.  She's never been a huge fan of animals (I have no idea how we share DNA sometimes), so she doesn't understand how emotionally connected you can be to them.  I told her about Duke and she did seem somewhat concerned.  However, her babysitter who is about 20 years old laughed.  She's fearful of dogs and her immediate reaction was to laugh about Duke's misfortune.  She clearly didn't understand how big a deal this fear is for someone like me.

I gave her a pointed look and told her that it was mean and not ok to laugh about Duke.  I told her he's like a a member of my family.  I also told her if she has problems with animals, that's her problem, not mine.  I was PISSED.  I was rude.  I was kinda harsh.

My sister called me the next day and said in passing that the babysitter felt bad she opened her mouth without thinking.  I don't really feel bad for opening my mouth.  Do you blame me?