Saturday, May 18, 2013

The reality of adulthood

The most obvious realities in life are the hardest to understand.......   what is life like day in, and day out?  It's boring. This is truth.  This is reality.

This is something I wish I knew a decade ago, but which I fully embrace in my own life today.  I learned this lesson.  There is something good to be found in each boring every day activity.  It's there.  But you have to look for it.  Try to assume the best, not the worst.  Trust that people's intentions are better, most often, than how you may receive their actions.  Watch what happens.  Last week, someone paid for my coffee in front of me in line at the Starbucks   Why?  I have no idea.  But I paid it forward and paid for the car behind me in line.  I felt like I won the lottery.

Like I said, there is good stuff all around us.