Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Never Date Again

"Marie: Tell me I'll never have to be out there again. 
Jess: You'll never have to be out there again."
- When Harry Met Sally


I can't wait until the above is my reality.  Dating is often the most exhausting thing to contemplate.  Honestly, I have so much fun with my life and my friends and family, its hard to get excited about finding this person, who at this point, feels mythical.  
---------
UPDATE:  I wrote the above draft post in March of 2011, ten months ago.  Never having to be out there again is feeling just as great as I thought it would.  


I never posted the blog post before because it seemed pessimistic - and I couldn't find a hopeful spin to it.   Just this past weekend, that quote came up in my head as I was blissfully running through my day.  This time, it's for real.  I never have to be out there again.  Patience paid off.