Wednesday, January 25, 2012

ugly duckling

 
 

















     I always felt like such an ugly duckling growing up- I remember reading the story of how the beautiful swan emerged from what used to be the poor ugly duckling and I thought to myself, "gee, maybe that will be me one day!"  
     It's been a long hard road.  However, I can honestly say I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin now and enjoy my life so much, that I can be exactly myself all of the time.  I think that makes me a far more beautiful swan than pretty white feathers would any day.
     Funny enough, this reminds me of Tina Fey, and her revelation of her high school graduation picture. Wow has she come a long way.  The best part about her, however, is how freaking funny and cool she is.  Who cares how much of a nerd-bot she was in high school!