Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Answers to questions are already present

"All wisdom is not new wisdom." Winston Churchill


Think about the above.  It makes sense.  The answers to all of our questions, and if you are like me you have a lot of them, are right in front of  us.  You either have to be brave enough to ask, or to open your eyes and stop assuming you already know what the answers are.  
When I think about what Mr. Churchill said, I think about my grandparents.  They are the most devoted couple I have ever witnessed.  They have been together for 63 years and couldn't be happier.  They are willing themselves to continue their lives, even though they have out lived most of their friends. During their marriage they worked together for 35 years. They were together all the time.  Since my grandmother never drove, he drove her everywhere, and still does.  He's 88. They don't get bored of each other.  They never argue because they compromise.  
Observing them tells me what to look for in a partner.  This doesn't have to be rocket science.  But I should look for someone that I want to be friends with in 60 years.