Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Lightness

“It is easy to be heavy: hard to be light.” -- G. K. Chesterton


I've been thinking about "light" since this past weekend.  The contrast with dark.  I was in Bible study (yes, I go to a Bible study), and we were talking about the Sun as an analogy for  God. I won't go into details here, because I'm not going to inundate you with my personal religious beliefs.  We were discussing other religions and their take on this similar topic.   The Yin and Yang.  Good and Evil.    


The analogy got me thinking about light and happiness.  And darkness and sadness.  In the past, its been so comfortable for me  to stay in the darkness- it can simply suck you in.  The light is bright and intimidating at times.  But once you move closer, its warm and engaging.  It get's easier.