Friday, February 10, 2012

Being Mindful


Being mindful about, well, anything, is one of the keys to life.  In fact, I was just reading an article about how "mindful eating" is all the rage these days.  It stems for a Buddhist tradition of really processing the flavor, the texture, the color, the aroma of what we put into our bodies.  Me?  I eat fast, too much of some stuff, not enough of others.... kg=hot mess.  Therefore, I find this experiment intriguing.  I also realize this means I have to try to harness one of the aspects of my being that I struggle with:  patience.  
I found it to be true when I read, “So many people now have found themselves in an adversarial relationship with food, which is very tragic,” Dr. Bays said. “Eating should be a pleasurable activity.”
According to the article" the ingredient that helps mindful eating gain traction in mainstream American culture: flavor."
Take a look.  Try it. Tell me what you think.