Monday, February 20, 2012

Powerful Prayer

I became friends on facebook with a guy who is a missionary in Africa. We share the same faith, so at the time, it didn't seem that odd to follow his path there.  Less than a few months later, I met his sister, and a year after that she has become a very good friend.  The kind that knows everything about me, supports me like a sister and I can count on for anything.  Now, the fact that I follow him on facebook doesn't seem nearly as odd.  

This morning, I saw this post of his, and it warmed me up.  I'm typically not one for formal prayers, but this one seemed so pointed and powerful.  The best part, it arrived via text from a Kenyan preacher.  

"Text message from a priest I know in Kenya after learning that I would most likely not be back there anytime soon: 'May God Remember you like Noah, Favour you like Moses, Honour you like Mary, Fight for you like the Israelites, Prosper you like Isaac, Promote you like Joseph, Intervene for you like Esther, Protect you like Daniel, Use you like Paul, Heal you like Naaman, Answer you like Elijah, Anoint you like David, Keep you safe like Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. This is my prayer for you 2day & always. BE BLESSED.' "