Friday, February 3, 2012

Friendship

"Of all the things that wisdom provides to help one live one's entire life in happiness, the greatest by far is the possession of friendship." Epicurus


I have good friends. I'm lucky to have them, that much is obvious to me.  I feel like gushing a bit here, and I certainly don't mean to brag, but I can't tell you how much their support has influenced my life.  The best part?  They believe for me, when I can't believe myself.  And vice versa. 


Case in point- for years, I would go through the up and downs of dating.  They would laugh with me when I had a horrible date story.  They would help put my pieces back together when things didn't go the way I thought.  And when I lost hope, they would (every time!) tell me, with 100% confidence that it would work out.  They believed for me.  I trusted that their faith meant something, even when I simply couldn't be positive that it would. 


That is one of the most powerful treasures I know in the world- the support of a friend.  Thank you, Girls!  You are the best.