Saturday, June 16, 2012

Should I tell her?

I never know what to do if someone has food stuck in their teeth, or something coming out of their nose, or ear.  Worse, what if something that is stuck to them like toilet paper, or food....the list is endless.

What about if you walk by someone who has a part of their skirt stuck into the back of their underwear?  Yes. That one was me.  And it's not the first time.  There was a horrific incident in church about 20 years ago that I'd rather forget ever happen.

Anyway, I was walking into my office and this man shouted at me from across the street from his pickup truck.  My first thought was to ignore him.  My second thought was that he was trying to holla at me, but I turned around anyway.  The stranger gave me the heads up about my malfunctioning skirt situation.  It was awkward.  But I have to say, "thank you, kind sir!"

I may not have told me if the shoe was reversed.  What would have you done? At the end of the day, wouldn't you rather know than not know?  Help out a stranger if they need the hand.  Better than them running through downtown DC with a skirt stuck into their underwear.