Friday, June 29, 2012

Stay in the Game

Work has been hard for me lately.  I feel like I shouldn't complain because I have a job (at least), whereas many others in this tough economy do not. For me, almost every day is a struggle.  Most of the time, I feel as though my efforts are fruitless.  That no matter what I do, or how I do it, I don't make a difference.

All I want to do is run down to where N lives and be with him.  Then at least we wouldn't have the challenge of our long distance relationship.   The problem is, I'm not a quitter.  I never have been.  I don't know how to give up.  I may elect not to go the same course.  But if I want something or I need it, I will get it.  It's not that I don't know defeat, but I seem to digest it through the mindset of a short term reality- it's situational.  Long term, I always know I'll come out on top.

Yesterday, I complained to N about how hard it is to go to work every day.  He told me, he understood and was very supportive.  He told me to get back in there.  I need to do my best because that is what needs to be done.

After the supportive advice I got from N, I just so happened to come upon this example of someone electing to stay in the game.  She did so by re-examining what success meant to her.  Sometimes, your definition of success, failure and even quitting can end up meaning something altogether different.