Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Stuck? Want to accomplish your life list?

As you all know, I have a life list I've been adding to, and working on since I was a little kid.

My most recent challenge has been that I've been so focused on one of my items on the list (falling in love) that I haven't accomplished anything else in the past few months.  I haven't really been actively working on anything.  So, what's going on with me?  I'm dedicated to my relationship, the love of my life, and trying to figure out how our future will shake out (where we'll live, our wedding, our honeymoon, our engagement party, when we'll have kids, where I'm going to work, where he'll work, working on projects- in no particular order).

All of those items are important to me, but when I think about it, none of those things are necessarily something that I can cross off my list at this very moment.  They all take time. More time than I would like.  I often just want to hurry through a challenge to get on the other side.  It's like pulling off a band-aid.

I've updated my list to show you things that I am active/passively working on.  Maybe this will keep me somewhat accountable.  Plus, psychologically, I'll feel a bit better about my lack of progress.  Crossing something off the list just feels SO good!

As an aside, I just saw this article which is what jogged me to think about my own life list.  These guys are crossing through their life list in a significant way.  For every thing they accomplish off of their list, they will help someone else with one of their own achievements.