Friday, June 1, 2012

Someone Else's Bucket List

Sometimes I read an article, which leads me to another article linked to it, or it may instigate further research about the topic, etc.  I was reading my local advice column in the Washington Post.  Then it lead me here- and the actual source of the story.  As a history major long ago, I learned the value of primary source material.  It always seems to be far more interesting.

The woman who is the reason why I am writing all of this about is dying.  Slowly, but not slow enough.  Fast, but not fast enough- from ALS.  She chooses to live her life with as much joy as she can muster.  She's going through her bucket list.  The first item on her list was going to see the Northern Lights with her best friend.  That is an item on my list too, which made this story all the more poignant to me.

Next, she wrote about her 20th anniversary trip with her husband.

I like her writing style.  I appreciate her honesty.  I admire her.  She has spunk- courage.  I can't even imagine going through what she is.

Read about her life and get some perspective.