Monday, November 26, 2012

How to be a supportive friend

I have best friends whom I love like family.  I love them no matter what, "warts and all."  Sometimes we disagree, then, agree to disagree.  Sometimes we laugh.  Sometimes we help the other out.  I can be stronger for them if they need me to help them out with something.  I have the courage to be more bold because of their encouragement.  I believe in myself because they believe in me.  Often, we have faith and hope for one another when it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

These are my soul mates.  They are my rock.

One of the hardest things to do for these special people, is support them when they are going through something devastating.  When I can't protect them or do them a favor.  When a joke can't help relieve the tension.  It's awful. I like to be able to take action to help make things a bit better.

That isn't always possible.  Sometimes, the only thing you can do, is say "I love you, I'm here, I'll do anything, and I know that will never be enough- but that's all I got."

Because- that's all I got.