Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Serenity Now

Today I'm experiencing frustrations with people who should stay out of my life/way.  I suppose that is similar to the same problem I was having yesterday, with regard to crazypants.  Here's the deal:

Many moons ago (over a decade), I met this boy whom I liked and dated casually.  It didn't work out.  A while later, I found out that an acquaintance of mine (who was very good friends with some of my good friends) started dating him which is why he ditched me.  Mind you, she knew I had liked this guy and was dating him.  After that, I chose to ignore her for breaking the unspoken ladies code of dating:  don't go sniffing around a dude that I have laid claim on.

Guess what I just got in my inbox?  A LinkedIn request from her.  Why?  I'm not sure.  She lives across the country and doesn't work in my industry, plus I haven't seen her for about a decade.  Weird.  I'm going to try to deep breathe and pray for some serenity.  That's all.