Saturday, July 30, 2011

Why everyone needs vacation

It's summer,and that means that traffic is lighter (usually), getting work done is harder (because every given week, 1/4 of the people I'm trying to reach are out of town), and I stay at work later because it stays brighter longer.  Summer also means I try to get away for some R&R.

I love vacation.  The only thing I don't love about it, is how it is never long enough.  I've been away the past four weekends, and as great as that is, I think I'd probably take one nice long vacation over several abbreviated ones.  Although, let's be honest....beggars can't be choosers.  I've been able to go to the River, the Beach, hang out with friends, go to Colorado and see the mountains...

It looks like I'm right on the money.  Check out this article about happiness and putting your money where your mouth is.  It turns out, the memories that you build by going on vacation are worth far more than other material possessions.  (note: thanks for the heads up on the article, NT)