Sunday, December 4, 2011

Don't give up

I went to Pennsylvania this weekend to a Monastery.  I visited back in August for a night to attend services and take a break from my life.  This trip proved even more of the same.  I visited with some good friends who share my faith - but are honest enough to admit they are, like me, still searching for understanding.  That in and of itself is so refreshing to find from a friend- especially about something so tenuous as religion tends to be.

While driving up, I caught a brief glimpse of a spray painted graffiti sign on an over pass.  I couldn't believe that I saw what I did.  And I thought to myself, "was that message for me? I really needed to see that today."   The sign read:

DON'T GIVE UP


Seriously?  Yes.  Ok, I won't.  Thank you for the encouragement, graffiti artist.

The picture to the right was taken this morning at 6:30AM before I attended services.  Behind the building on the hill is a cross, which is lit up during the dark.  It looked so hopeful and gave me further encouragement not to give up.