Friday, December 9, 2011

Respecting Your Elders


I'm certain that at one point or another you've thought to yourself, "oh no...I'm turning into my mother/father!"  This used to happen to me. 

Now, when I realize I'm turning into my parents I smile to myself, and laugh a little.  Maybe I may even shake my head.  It's familiar and since I love and respect them (despite their shortcomings) it's almost like a little gift.

This picture on the top was taken at least 7 years ago of me and my mother.  Back then, we weren't as close as we are now, so it was quite shocking to look at each other and all of the sudden realize that even physically, there were some apparent similarities.



The picture on the left was taken last summer at my best friend's wedding.  Check out those twin noses!  I never noticed that until yesterday.  When I sent the picture to my mom her exact response was "OMG" and then a comment about her..... chest. 

Blessings!