Friday, December 2, 2011

Dreams without plans remain dreams. Dreams with plans become reality.

Do you ever get overwhelmed with how many worthy charities there are out there?  I do.  I want to give, but it never seems like enough and I never really know what is going on with the  money I give.  

I was reading this article in the Wall Street Journal about the business of giving.  Should charities and non-profits be run more like businesses?  I think they should, but that's because that is the background I come from.  Most people want measured results in order to see how productive their contributions truly are.

There needs to be a concrete plan that everyone strives toward.  In my opinion, just because you have a well-intention ed cause, doesn't necessarily mean that you should place your treasured resources in their hands.

On another note, the psychology behind what motivates us to give is telling about how humanity operates.  See here for further details.