Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Tell me you love me

I read this book a few years ago when I was in a relationship with someone whom I simply felt I couldn't relate to.

And then I read this- the five love languages.  Voila! It made so much sense.  What you want from someone may be completely different than what they are able to give to you.  What you are able to give, may be completely different from what the other person wants.  Therefore, you have to figure out what the other person you are in a relationship wants, and try to give that to them.

Consider this:  perhaps you are in a relationship with someone that likes to give you gifts.  That is how they let you know that they care about you.  That is wonderful.  But it's possible that you may be the type of person that wants to hear why/how/when they love you (that's me).  If that's the case, let your person know what works for you, and determine what it is they are looking for as well.