Thursday, July 18, 2013

Where's the home team?

My best girls are the friends I've known the longest and who know me the best.  When I told them I was moving a year ago, they were angry and hurt.  They tried to show how happy they were that I was finally figuring out how to be in the same place as N, but I knew that, selfishly, they were pissed.  They didn't want me to go.

And thank God for that!  I mean, who wants their friends to say "peace out! later! good riddance!" ?  No one.

Now that I have moved and am married, I am adjusting to my new town.  I am getting situated in a new place with new roads, and new stores and new doctors and new routines.  I don't have new friends.  Not yet.

I miss my old ones.  All the time.  Every day.  Multiple times a day.  I always will.

I'm experiencing a lot of change in a relatively short period of time between adjustments at work, moving and marriage.  I wish they were here.  I wish I could show them things in person and have them close enough to hug me - just because.

They are busy with their own lives.  They are pregnant, and getting married and studying for huge tests.

I miss them.  But I don't want to guilt trip them into making more of an effort for me.  They already put me first for a long time with all my wedding hoo-ha.  I'm feeling needy for now.

Patience.  I need more patience and time.