Thursday, May 24, 2012

Waiting for the good stuff

I'm not great with being patient.  I try, but most of the time I want to jump right into the good stuff- RIGHT away.  I want to KNOW without a shadow of a doubt, that things are going to turn out the way they should.  This is ridiculous, I realize.

N, my man piece, is far more patient than I am.   I love that about him, but it also aggravates me in the moment. He's willing to wait out pretty much anything.  He waited for me for almost two years.  He kept all my emails (all of them!) from when we first met.  He eats slowly.  He's methodical in his pain staking approach to accomplishing a task.  He's thorough.

He's the type that under promises and over delivers.  A few weeks ago he kept telling me he wouldn't be able to make it up to visit me until Sunday.  I was itching for him to come on Saturday, but he said it wasn't going to happen.  He arrived on Saturday evening.  He worked hard to finish everything he needed to do the WHOLE time in order to make it.  I was thrilled.

Hopefully some of this will rub off on me in time.