Monday, May 14, 2012

When you are on your deathbed...

When you are on your deathbed, you are NEVER going to say, "man, I wish I had worked more!"  It's just not going to happen.

I think it's something to keep in mind when you are having a bad day at work.  Sometimes (a lot of times), I feel overwhelmed about the responsibilities I have.  I get anxious.  Then I reconsider my feelings and I know that I'm being foolish.  It's not worth it.

When I'm on my deathbed, or when I'm older and retired, I'm going to think about how I wish I had taken more chances, had more fun, laughed more, loved more, told people why they are so awesome to me-  so WHY WAIT?

According to this article, I'm not alone.  Most people, studies show, regret the below:

  • wish they'd had the courage to live a life true to themselves, not the life others expected of them
  • wish they hadn't worked so hard
  • wish they'd had the courage to express their feelings
  • wish they had stayed in touch with friends
  • wish that they had let themselves be happier