Friday, August 3, 2012

Plastic Surgery

I'm not quite sure how I feel about plastic surgery.  It's elective surgery, which I understand.  However, I have known women who had breasts that were far to large for their frame, so they had breast reductions.  I get that.

I know some folks who got implants, because they had very small breasts.  I even understand that.  

I'm not sure how I feel about a 14 year old getting surgery to "fix" ears that stick out.  I understand bullying is horrible and I'm sure she was probably made fun of mercilessly.  But who knows if she may have grown into them in a few years after she finished maturing?  
I hope I don't have to confront this issue with any children of mine in the future.  I'd be paralyzed with wanting to fix their problems, punch the kids that made fun of them, and tell them to stay strong and wait.