Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Respect

I've had a few incidents transpire in my personal life which left me feeling disrespected.  What is respect?  According to webster's, its:: 

1. a relation or reference to a particular thing or situation<remarks having respect to an earlier plan>
2
: an act of giving particular attention : consideration
3
a : high or special regard : esteemb : the quality or state of being esteemedc plural : expressions of high or special regard or deference<paid our respects>

Then I saw this article and this video speaking about how much the great sprinter Usain Bolt respects another country, that he stopped giving an interview in order to wait for the conclusion of the US' national anthem to finish playing.  That is respect.  That is class.  I'm glad it's still out there.